Katerina Ntourou, PhD, CCC-SLP
(405) 271-4214, ext. 46069
- Post-doctoral Fellow, Speech-language Pathology, Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana, 2013-2016
- Ph.D., Speech-Language Pathology, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee, 2011
- M.A., Speech-Language Pathology, The University of Texas at Austin, Austin, Texas, 2004
- B.A., Speech and Language Therapy, Technological Educational Institute (TEI) of Western Greece, Patras, Greece, 2002
- CSD 4363/5463: Fluency
- CSD 4993: Capstone in Communication Sciences and Disorders
- CSD 5133: Research Foundations
- Cognitive processes (executive function, attention, and language planning)
- Temperament and emotional processes (emotional reactivity & emotion regulation)
- Adaptation and validation of diagnostic assessment tools for stuttering in Greek
- Preschool-age children, school-age children, teenagers, and adults who stutter
- Ntourou, K., Anderson, J. D., & Wagovich, S. A. (2018). Executive function and childhood stuttering: Parent ratings and evidence from a behavioral task. Journal of Fluency Disorders, 56, 18-32.
- Ofoe, L., Anderson, J. D., & Ntourou, K. (2018). Short-term memory, inhibition, and attention in developmental stuttering: A Meta-analysis. Journal of Speech, Hearing, and Language Research, 61, 1626-1648.
- Ntourou, K., Anderson, J. D., & Wagovich, S. A. (2015). Influence of linguistic and emotional load on inhibitory control. Proceedings of the Eighth World Congress on Fluency Disorders, Lisbon, Portugal, XXXI.
- Ntourou, K., Conture, E. G., & Walden, T. A. (2013). Emotional reactivity and regulation in preschool-age children who stutter. Journal of Fluency Disorders, 38(3), 260-274, PMCID: PMC3834351
- Ntourou, K., Conture, E. G., & Lipsey, M. W. (2011). Language abilities of children who stutter: A meta-analytical review. American Journal of Speech-Language Pathology, 20, 163-179, PMCID: PMC3738062
- Richels, C., Buhr, A., Conture, E. G., & Ntourou, K. (2010). Utterance complexity and stuttering on function words in preschool-age children who stutter. Journal of Fluency Disorders, 35(3), 314-331, PMCID: PMC3880199