- Ph.D., Communication Sciences and Disorders, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, 2007
- B.A., Communication Sciences and Disorders, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, 2002
- Lean Six Sigma Green, University of Oklahoma Gallogly College of Engineering, 2023
Societies and Organizations:
Member, Alpha Eta Honor Society
Member, American Academy of Audiology
Member, American Speech-Language Hearing Association
Member, Oklahoma Speech-Language Hearing Association
- CSD 8173: Advanced Anatomy and Physiology of Hearing
- AHS 4571: Introduction to Research
- CSD 4413: Speech and Hearing Science
- CSD 5133: Research Foundations in CSD (MA)
- CSD 8273: Pathologies of the Auditory System
- CSD 8153: Instrumentation and Electroacoustics
- CSD 8460: Directed Readings in Audiology
- CSD 8813: Hearing Science
- CSD 9333: Research Foundations in CSD (AuD)
- CSD 5540: Doctoral Seminar in CSD
- CSD 6563: Advanced Research Methods in CSD
- CSD 6980: Dissertation Research
- Aural rehabilitation for children and adults
- Classroom acoustics and assistive technology
- Speech perception
- Gaeta L, Azzarello J, Baldwin J, Ciro C, Hudson MA, Johnson CE, John AB (2022). The impact of amplification on cognitive screening test scores. Journal of Gerontological Nursing, 48(7), 31-37.
- Gaeta L, John AB (2021). Hearing loss and cognitive screening. Research in Gerontological Nursing, 14(4), 170-172.
- Kreisman B, Longenbach K, Blasi M, Fligor B, John AB (2020). The effects of background noise and personal .mp3 player volume on audibility to bystanders. Journal of Educational, Pediatric, and (Re)Habilitative Audiology, 24, 1-13.
- Kreisman B, John AB, Sheffer E, Marsh M (2020). Hearing assistive technology: Ratings of familiarity, perceived usefulness, and expected cost by audiology patients. Journal of the American Rehabilitative Audiology Association, 51, 1-11.
- Gaeta L, Azzarello J, Baldwin J, Ciro C, Hudson M, Johnson C, John AB (2019). Effect of reduced audibility on Mini-Mental State Exam scores. Journal of the American Academy of Audiology, 30(10), 845-855.
- Kimball S, Singh G, John AB, Jenstad L (2018). Implications and Attitudes of Audiologists towards Smartphone Integration in Hearing Healthcare. International Journal of Audiology (impact factor: 1.63). Hearing Research, 369, 15-23.
- Barbee CM, John AB (2020). A late diagnosis: What was missed? In Madell J, Flexer C, Schafer E, Wolfe J (eds.) Pediatric Audiology Casebook, 2nd Edition. New York: Thieme.
- Barbee CM, John AB (2020). Universal newborn hearing screening. In Madell J, Flexer C, Schafer E, Wolfe J (eds.) Pediatric Audiology Casebook, 2nd Edition. New York: Thieme.