In a student’s final semester in their program, students will be required to complete a graduation application through the Student Self-Service. Failure to do so may result in complications with conferring their degree and sending the diploma.
The deadline to complete this action depends on the semester the student is graduating:
- Fall Semester: October 1
- Spring Semester: March 1
- Summer Semester: July 1
Students should check back frequently in the first few weeks of the semester for the application to open.
Graduating students should complete several tasks during their final semester to ensure there is no delay in the graduation process
- Bursar: Confirm your account is paid in full and there are no lingering holds on your profile. Students can review their account on their Student Self-Service
- Financial Aid: Students who have received financial aid during their academic career at OUHSC will receive instructions from the OUHSC Office of Financial Aid containing the requirements needed
- Lockers: Students who utilized a locker during their time in the program should fully clean it out. Anything left in lockers after the semester is over will be thrown away
- Email and Access: Students will lose access to their email and University services 30 days after the graduation is processed. Any important information should be retrieved prior to the shut-off date
- Parking: Students in OKC should return their parking permit to the Parking Office when it is no longer needed. Students in Tulsa should ensure that there are no outstanding parking tickets before their account is closed
Additional instructions may be provided via email as they become relevant, so please look for any emails from the Office of Academic & Student Affairs or from the OU Health Sciences Center.