Graduating students will have the opportunity to participate in the Graduation Gear-Up event, which is designed to provide graduating students with the information and gear for participating in the Commencement and Convocation exercises. Students may purchase and pick up their cap and gown, order graduation announcements, order an official OU class ring, order the Sooner yearbook, and learn about the new role you will be assuming as alumni. Students may attend any of the set dates at any location, regardless of the campus they attend.
Information about the dates, times, and locations will be provided once available, and will also be sent to all expected graduates via email.
Those unable to attend one of the events can order their regalia directly from the vendor later in the semester. The regalia will be shipped directly to the student but should be ordered as soon as possible to ensure they are ready by the ceremony date.
The regalia students will receive are dependent upon their degree and academic performance. Any questions regarding regalia should be directed to the Office of Academic & Student Affairs at email@example.com
- Students earning a BS degree: Mortar board with Nile green tassel
- Students earning an MA degree: Mortar board with a black tassel and black hood with Nile green trim
- Students earning a Doctoral degree (non-Graduate College): Tam with short Nile green tassel and black doctoral hood with green trim
- Students earning an MS degree: Mortar board with black tassel and black hood with Nile green trim
- Students earning a PhD degree: Tam with gold bullion tassel and doctoral hood with blue trim
In addition to the standard regalia, students may have additional items based on their membership in certain organizations or their academic achievement. The College of Allied Health confers the following:
- Alpha Eta Honor Society Members: Nile green cord
- Distinction/Special Distinction: Gold honor hood
- Only available for students graduating from an undergraduate degree who meet the standards outlined in the College of Allied Health handbook
- Outstanding Distinction: Gold cord
- Only available for students graduating from a Professional degree (non-Graduate) who meet the standards outlined in the College of Allied Health handbook. Jostens does not carry this item in their graduation gear, so students may need to purchase it separately
- 4.0 Medallion Honor: Medallion
- Only available for students graduating from an undergraduate or professional program who have earned a 4.0 cumulative/overall GPA