- M.S., Speech Pathology, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, 1985.
- B.S., Speech Pathology, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, Oklahoma, 1982.
- Oklahoma Distance Learning Association (ODLA) Online Teaching Certification Program
Societies and Organizations:
Member, Alpha Eta Honor Society
- American Speech-Language-Hearing Association, Member
- Oklahoma Speech-Language-Hearing Association, Member
- CSD 3473/CSD 5193: Language Disorders in the Exceptional Child
- CSD 4433/CSD 5333: Instructional Procedures in CSD
- CSD 5510: Clinical Practicum
- CSD 5523: Diagnostic Methods/Instructional Procedures
- CSD 5530: Seminar in Communication Disorders
- Coordinates teletherapy services with rural school districts as well as individuals receiving speech-language services via teletherapy
- Preschool and School-Age Child Communication Disorders – more than 18 years experience in the public school setting: interest areas include autism spectrum disorders, selective mutism, central auditory processing, and IDEA’04/NCLB issues.
- Coordinates the speech-language portion of the Central Auditory Processing Assessment Clinic at John W. Keys Speech and Hearing Center.
Select Honors & Accomplishments:
- Outstanding Faculty in Teaching Award (with more than 5 years of service), 2017
- American Speech-Language-Hearing Foundation State Clinical Achievement Award, 2014
- Oklahoma City Community College Outstanding Adjunct Faculty, Division of Health Professions, 2014
- American Speech-Language-Hearing Association Fellow, 2011
- Council for Academic Accreditation Site Visitor
- Council for Exceptional Children (CEC), Member
- Oklahoma Speech-Language-Hearing Association (OSHA), Governmental Regulations Chair
- Oklahoma Board of Examiners for Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology (OBESPA)Board Chair;
- OBESPA Legislative Liaison