Ginger Wells, MSW
- Special Projects Coordinator
(405) 271-2131, ext. 47117
- MSW, University of Oklahoma, Norman, Oklahoma- 1986
- BA, Social Welfare, University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, Arkansas-1979
- Parent Advocacy
- Early intervention
- IEP process
- Ginger joined the Oklahoma Autism Network in October, 2011. She has worked with families touched by disability for the past 24 years through the SoonerStart Early Intervention Program as a Transition Resource Coordinator and the Oklahoma Infant Transition Program as a social worker in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. While with SoonerStart, Ginger coordinated early intervention services for children age 2yrs to 3yrs and assisted the family and child in transitioning to community programs following EI services. Ginger has also worked as the Parent Aide Coordinator and parent group leader for parents who were court ordered into parenting classes with the Parents Assistance Center. Prior work also includes Social Worker with Child Protective Services through the Oklahoma Department of Human Services and elementary age caseworker at the United Methodist Children’s Home in Tahlequah, OK.
- Ginger is the project coordinator for the ConnectedKids and ConnectedFamilies programs. She is the primary point of contact for both programs and provides service coordination for families in the ConnectedKids program. She provides training and technical assistance to families, with an emphasis on supporting families to access services through their local public school and other state programs.