Mark L. Britton, PharmD, MDiv, FASHP
- Associate Dean for Academic Affairs, Office of Academic and Student Affairs
- Instructional Professor, Department of Nutritional Sciences
(405) 271-8001, ext. 43414
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy, Auburn University, Auburn, Alabama, 1981
- Doctor of Pharmacy, University of Texas Health Sciences Center, San Antonio, Texas and the University of Texas, Austin, Texas, 1983
- Ambulatory Care Pharmacy Practice Residency, Brackenridge Hospital and the University of Texas, Austin, Texas, 1984
- Master of Divinity, Western Theological Seminary, Holland, Michigan, 2012
Societies and Organizations:
- American Society of Health-System Pharmacists
- Association of Diabetes Care and Education Specialists
- Oklahoma Pharmacists Association
- NS 7542: Medical Nutrition Therapy Practicum
- Curriculum development, delivery, and assessment
- Interprofessional collaboration in practice and teaching
- Diabetes management
- Cost-effective clinical care models
- Britton ML, Letassy NA. Development of Team-Based Experiential Education Rotations for Foot Care and Dental care of Patients with Diabetes at a Primary Care Practice Site, funded by the Wisdom Family Foundation, $164,500, February 2015-August 2016
- Britton ML, Letassy NA, Carter SM. Evaluation of an Assessment Method for Health Professional Students Completing an Inter-Professional Curriculum Focused on Team-Based Care of Patients with Diabetes Mellitus, funded by the Wisdom Family Foundation, $139,000, January 2013-June 2015
- Fisher MJ, Thompson B, Sparks R, Britton ML, Dennis V, Letassy NL, Blevins S, Reinhardt L, Ferretti M, Turner P, Loving G, Bratzler D, Dmytryk J, Jones R, Miller C, Fritz T, Johnson C. Empowering Patients through Interprofessional Collaboration (EPIC), Wisdom Family Foundation, $150,000, August 2012-June 2015
- Britton ML, Letassy NA, Armor BL, Dennis VC, Marcy TR, Barud S, Hall M, Chonlahan J, Beach P. Educational Grant to Develop a Diabetes Traineeship, funded by the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists Foundation, $20,000, June 2002, June 2003, June 2004, June 2005, June 2006
- Whitsett T (principal investigator), Havrda D, Hawk T, Letassy N, Dennis V, Britton ML (sub-investigator), “Efficacy and Safety Study of the Oral Direct Thrombin Inhibitor H 376/95 Compared with Dose-Adjusted Warfarin (Coumadin®) in the Prevention of Stroke and Systemic Embolic Events in Patients in Patients with Atrial Fibrillation (SPORTIF V), Protocol #233 (SH-TPA-0005), April 2001-February 2002
- Kem DC (principal investigator), Britton ML (co-principal investigator), Havrda D, Letassy NA, Counts S, Feuge R, Halloran M, Dennis J, Hawk T. Participating as a site in the study entitled “Clinical protocol for a double-blind, randomized comparison of eplerenone and losartan in patients with low rennin hypertension,” G.D. Searle & Co. Study IE3-99-02-019, $3460 per patient enrolled, July 2000-October 2000 (study closed as a cost efficiency by Searle before patients could be enrolled)
- Kem DC (principal investigator), Britton ML (co-principal investigator), Havrda D, Letassy NA, Counts S, Feuge R, Halloran M, Dennis J, Hawk T. Participating as a site in the study entitled “Clinical protocol for a double-blind, controlled, randomized comparison study of the antihypertensive effect of eplerenone and spironolactone in patients with hypertension secondary to primary aldosteronism,” G.D. Searle & Co. Study IE3-99-02-018, $2815 per patient enrolled, July 2000-October 2000 (study closed as a cost efficiency by Searle before patients could be enrolled)
- Comp P (principal investigator), Havrda D, Letassy N, Counts S, Feuge R, Halloran M, Britton ML (sub-investigator), “PREVENT: Prevention of Recurrent Venous Thromboembolism,” National Heart Lung and Blood Institute Protocol #HL58036, $1100 per patient enrolled, November 1999-September 2004
- Kem DC (principal investigator), Britton ML (co-principal investigator), Havrda D, Letassy NA, Counts S, Feuge R, Halloran M, Beck J. Participating as a site in the study entitled “A 20-week, double-blind, randomized, active-controlled, multicenter study comparing efficacy and safety of troglitazone plus metformin or rosiglitazone plus metformin to metformin plus placebo in type 2 diabetic patients not optimally controlled on metformin,” Parke-Davis protocol 991-241, $2,670 per patient enrolled, October 1999-March 2000 (study closed before patients were enrolled due to troglitazone’s withdrawal from the market)
- Pharmacotherapy and management of diabetes, dyslipidemia, and hypertension
- Pharmacotherapy for health issues commonly encountered in primary care practice
- Thompson BM, Bratzler DW, Fisher MJ, Torres A, EPIC Faculty (Britton ML, Dennis VC, Letassy NA, Dmytryk J, Jones R, Ferretti M, Johnson C, Barbee C, Bender D, Fritz T, Miller CR, Goldson L, Kinney S, Loving G, Craft M, Wilcox J, Reinhardt L, McNeill DL, Wisdom PJ), Sparks RA. Working Together: Using a Unique Approach to Evaluate an Interactive and Clinic-based Longitudinal Interprofessional Education Experience with 13 Professions. Journal of Interprofessional Care. 2016;30(6):754-761.
- Letassy NA, Medina MS, Dennis VC, Draugalis JL, Britton ML. A Progressive, Collaborative Process to Improve a Curriculum and Define and Assessment Program. American Journal of Pharmaceutical Education. 2015;79(4):article 55.
- Dennis VC, Britton ML, Wheeler RE, Carter SM. Practice Experiences at a Single Institutional Practice Site to Improve Advanced Pharmacy Practice Examination Performance. American Journal of Pharmaceutical Education. 2014;78(3):article 60.
- Medina MS, Britton ML, Letassy NA, Dennis VC, Draugalis JR. Incremental Development of an Integrated Assessment Method for the Professional Curriculum. American Journal of Pharmaceutical Education. 2013;77(6):article 122.
- Edwards HD, Webb RD, Scheid DC, Britton ML, Armor BL. A Pharmacist Visit Improves Diabetes Standards in a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH). American Journal of Medical Quality. 2012;27(6):529-34.
- Bird ML, Dunn RL, Hagemann TM, Burton ME, Britton ML, St. Cyr MB. Successful Collaboration between a College of Pharmacy and a For-Profit Health-System at an Academic Medical Center. American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy. 2012;69(1):1150-6.
- Conway SE, Medina MS, Letassy NA, Britton ML. Assessment of Streams of Knowledge, Skill, and Attitude Development Across the Doctor of Pharmacy Curriculum. American Journal of Pharmaceutical Education. 2011;75(5):article 83.
- Truong, TH, Britton ML, Harrison DL, Letassy NA, Armor BL, Tonemah D, Nguyen A. Assessing the Need for Diabetes Self-Management Education in the Oklahoma City Vietnamese Community. Diabetes Therapy. 2011;2(2):DOI 10.1007/s13300-010-0020-6.
- Marcy, TR, Britton ML, Harrison DL. Identification of Barriers to Appropriate Dietary Behavior in Indigent Patients with Type 2. Diabetes Therapy. 2011;1(2):DOI 10.1007/s13300-010-0012-6.
- Armor BL, Britton ML, Dennis VC, Letassy NA. A Review of Pharmacist Contributions to Diabetes Care in the United States. Journal of Pharmacy Practice. 2009, DOI:10.1177/0897190009336668.
- Letassy NA, Medina MS, Stroup J, Fugate S, Britton ML. Using Team-Based Learning in an Endocrine Module across Two Campuses. American Journal of Pharmaceutical Education. 2008;72(5):article 103.
- Britton ML, Letassy NA, Medina MS, Er N. A Curriculum Review and Mapping Process Supported by an Electronic Data Basing System. American Journal of Pharmaceutical Education. 2008;72(5):article 99.
- Medina M, Medina P, Wanzer D, Wilson J, Er N, Britton ML. The Use of an Audience Response System (ARS) in a Multipoint Classroom Environment. American Journal of Pharmaceutical Education. 2008;72(2):article 38.
- Campbell J, Blank K, Britton ML. Experiences with an Elective in Spirituality. American Journal of Pharmaceutical Education. 2008;72(1):article 16.
- Hughes DB, Britton ML. Angiotensin-Converting Enzyme Inhibitors or Angiotensin II Receptor Blockers for Prevention and Treatment of Nephropathy Associated with Type 2 Diabetes. Pharmacotherapy. 2005;25:1602-20.
- Marcy TR, Britton ML. Antidepressant-Induced Sweating. Annals of Pharmacotherapy. 2005;39:748-52.
- Marcy TR, Britton ML, Blevin SM. Second-Generation Thiazolidinediones and Hepatotoxicity. Annals of Pharmacotherapy. 2004;38:1419-23.
- Armor BL, Britton ML. Diabetes Mellitus Non-Glucose Monitoring: Point-of-Care Testing. Annals of Pharmacotherapy. 2004;38:1039-47.
- Letassy NA, Armor BL, Britton ML. Pharmacist-Managed Diabetes Service in a Family Medicine Practice Improves Patient Outcomes. Drug Benefit Trends. 2003;15(Suppl H):21-32.