- AuD, Audiology, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, 2001
Societies and Organizations:
Member, Alpha Eta Honor Society
- CSD 8133: Audiology I
- CSD 8313: Pediatric Audiology
- CSD 8420: Clinical Practicum in Audiology
- CSD 9293: Genetics in CSD
- CSD 8460: Directed Readings (Tinnitus)
- CSD 3463: Foundations of Audiology
- CSD 4493: Diagnosis and Treatment in Audiology
- CSD 4490: Studies in Communication Sciences and Disorders
- Tinnitus and Sound Sensitivity (Hyperacusis and Misophonia)
- Telehealth (teleaudiology)
- Service Delivery Models
- REAM Foundation, Misophonia Research Fund, 2019-2021. Deep Phenotypic Characterization of Misophonia in Children and Adolescents, Collaboration with co-investigators at Baylor College of Medicine, Department of Psychology, $383, 922 (Kimball portion, consultant, 5%)
- Tinnitus, Hyperacusis and Misophonia diagnosis and treatment
- Adult and pediatric diagnostics
- Hearing aid dispensing
- Kimball S, Hamilton T, Main L and Benear E. 2019. Determining Emotional Tone and Verbal Behavior in Patients with Tinnitus and Hyperacusis: A Mixed Method Study, American Journal of Audiology.
- Kimball, S, Singh G, John A and Jenstad L, 2018. Implications and Attitudes of Audiologists towards Smartphone Integration in Hearing Healthcare, Hearing Research.
- Kimball S, Johnson C, Baldwin J, Barton K, Mathews C, and Danhauer J. 2018. Hearing aids as a treatment for tinnitus patients with mild sensorineural hearing loss, Seminars in Hearing, 39(2), 123-134.
- Johnson, CE, Barbee, CM, Danhauer, JL, Jilla, AM, Kimball, SH, Seever, KL. 2018. Toward the Future of Early Intervention for Adult Hearing Loss, Seminars in Hearing, 39(2), 221-226.
- Sharp E and Kimball S. 2018. A Case of Extreme Misophonia and Hyperacusis in Valente and Valente, Audiology Case Studies, Thieme Publishing.
- Myers J, John A, Kimball S and Fruits T (2016). Prevalence of tinnitus and noise-induced hearing loss in dentists. Noise and Health, 18(85), 283-402.
- Kimball SK, Urban B, John AB (2013). Factors affecting patient retention and quality of care. Audiology Practices, 4(1).
- Kimball, S. (2010). Concerns regarding direct-to-consumer hearing aid purchasing. The Volta Review, 110(3), 447-457.
- Kimball S. Hearing Aids. eMedicine from WebMD. Updated July 2013.
- Kimball S. Speech Audiometry. eMedicine from WebMD. Updated July 2013.
- Kimball, S. 2008. Inquiry into online hearing test raises doubt about its validity. The Hearing Journal, 61(3), 38-46.
- Kimball, S. (2008) Making earmold impressions at home: How well can untrained consumers do it? The Hearing Journal, 61(4), 26-30.
- Kimball, S. and Yopchick, S. (2009) Study compares hearing aids fitted online with clinical findings. The Hearing Journal, 62(3), 44-47.