Dr. Katie Eliot wins an Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics' Medallion Award
Published: Friday, October 13, 2023
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics' Medallion Awards, given each year since 1976, honor Academy members who have shown dedication to the high standards of the nutrition and dietetics profession through active participation, leadership and devotion to serving others in nutrition and dietetics, as well as allied health fields. Awards are given to members whose dedication to the Academy and service to the profession serve as an example to all.
Kathrin (Katie) Eliot, PhD, RDN, FAND
In recognition of:
- Her crucial role as an early leader engaging RDNs in Interprofessional Education (IPE) and collaborative scholarship, and her tireless promotion of the unique contributions RDNs make to collaborative teams.
- Her outstanding engagement as the Academy’s Member of the Global Forum on Innovations in Health Professions Education, National Academy of Sciences, Engineering and Medicine--the only nutrition and dietetic voice among 17 different health professions.
- Her strong voice within national interprofessional organizations including the IPE Collaborative, the National Academies of Practice, and the Association of Advancing Health Professions Education, created an environment of trust and collaboration for the other professions with the RDN.
- Her outstanding leadership on the Nutrition and Dietetics Educators and Preceptors Council (NDEP) as regional director, vice chair, chair, and past chair; leading its transition from a Dietetic Practice Group (DPG) to a stand-alone group; creating an IPE Committee delivering webinars on IPE, advocating for inclusion of IPE as an Academy House of Delegates Mega Issue, and raising awareness of IPE best practices for NDEP members.
- Her service as an effective professor teaching a wide diversity of dietetic topics, as a mentor, and as a researcher who has won the praise of colleagues, undergraduate and graduate dietetic students.
Dr. Eliot's extraordinary contributions exemplify the spirit of the Medallion Awards, recognizing individuals who embody the highest ideals of our profession and inspire us all to reach for greater heights. Her unwavering dedication to our field sets an example for current and future generations of nutrition and dietetics professionals, and we are honored to celebrate her achievements.
We congratulate Dr. Kathrin (Katie) Eliot for her outstanding service and commitment to the Academy and the nutrition and dietetics profession. Her achievements serve as a shining example of excellence and dedication in our field, inspiring us to continue pushing the boundaries of what is possible.