- PhD, Curriculum and Instruction, Saint Louis University, St. Louis, Missouri, 2013
- MS, Nutritional Sciences, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, 2003
- BS, Nutrition Science, Baylor University, Waco, Texas, 2001
Societies and Organizations:
Member, Alpha Eta Honor Society
- NS 4213: Capstone Seminar
- NS 5272: Geriatric Nutrition
- NS 5132: Adult Weight Management
- Dr. Eliot’s research focuses on the development, implementation and evaluation of interprofessional education across the health professions continuum. Specific topics within this research she is currently investigating include: the role of interprofessional collaborative practice in alleviating stress and burnout in health professions education, interprofessional competencies in obesity prevention and treatment, and best practices for introductory interprofessional education in a national, multi-institution study.
- Karamat, E., Pole, D., Rahman, R., Toomey, E. Eliot, K. (2018) The Impact of Interprofessional Education Experience on Post-Graduate Dietetic Students’ Self-Assessed Confidence in their Ability to Identify and Demonstrate Interprofessional Practice Behaviors. Topics in Clinical Nutrition. 33(3): 184-195.
- Hendricks-Ferguson, V., Ruebling, I., Sargeant, D., Banks, R., Sebelski, C., Kienstra, K., Howell, T., Eliot, K., Moore, K. Armstrong, K. (2018) Undergraduate Interprofessional Education Students’ Perspectives of Health-Care Professionals’ Use of Shared Decision-Making Skills. Journal of Interprofessional Care. 32(4): 1-9.
- Eliot, K., Kolasa, K., Cuff, P. (2018) Stress and Burnout in Nutrition and Dietetics: Strengthening Interprofessional Ties. Nutrition Today. 53(2): 63-67.
- Hinyard, L., Toomey, E., Breitbach, A. Eliot, K. (2018). Student Perceptions of Collaboration Skills in an Interprofessional Context: Development and Initial Validation of the Self-Assessed Collaboration Skills (SACS) Instrument. Evaluation and the Health Professions. doi:10.1177/0163278717752438
- Eliot, K., Breitbach, A., Toomey, E., Hinyard, L. (2017). The Effectiveness of an Introductory Interprofessional Course in Building Readiness for Collaboration in the Health Professions. Health and Interprofessional Practice. Health and Interprofessional Practice. 3(3).
- Breitbach, A., Eliot, K., Cuppet, M., Wilson, M., Chushak, M. (2017). “The Progress and Promise of Interprofessional Education in Athletic Training Programs”. Athletic Training Education Journal. 13(1):57-66.
- Eliot, K, Kolasa, KM. (2017) Stress induced eating behaviors of health professionals: A Registered Dietitian Nutritionists’ perspective. National Academy of Medicine, Washington, DC. https://nam.edu/stress-induced-eating-behaviors-of-health-professionals-a-registered-dietitian-nutritionist-perspective/.
- Coffey, D. S., P. Cuff, K. Eliot, E. Goldblatt, C. Grus, S. Kishore, M. Mancini, R. Valachovic, P. H. Walker. (2017) A multifaceted systems approach to addressing stress within health professions education and beyond. National Academy of Medicine, Washington, DC. https://nam.edu/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/AMultifaceted-Systems-Approach-to-AddressingStress-within-Health-Professions-Education-andBeyond.pdf
- Eliot, K., Wilson, M, Breitbach, A. & Chushak, M. (2017) “Incorporation of Interprofessional Education in Nutrition and Dietetics Education Programs”. Topics in Clinical Nutrition. 32(3): 184-192.
- Turner, P., Eliot, K., Kent, S., Rusnak, S., Landers, P. (2017) “Level of Implementation of the Institute of Medicine Core Competencies among Dietetic Education Programs”. Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. 117(11):1709-1716.
- Eliot, K, Breitbach, A, Wilson, M & Chushak, M. (2017) Institutional Factors Affecting Interprofessional Education in Nutrition and Dietetics and Athletic Training Programs. Journal of Allied Health. 46(2):94-103.
- Eliot, K. & Kolasa, K. (2015) The Value in Interprofessional Collaborative-ready Dietetics Practitioners. Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. 115:1578-1588.