- PhD, Nutritional Sciences, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, Oklahoma, 2016
- MA, Dietetics, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, 2010
- MS, Exercise Physiology, University of Oklahoma, Norman, OK, 2009
- BS, Biology, University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh, Oshkosh, Wisconsin, 2007
Societies and Organizations:
Member, Alpha Eta Honor Society
- American Society of Nutrition
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Oklahoma Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- NS 5253: Experimental Foods
- NS 7412: Food Preparation Practicum
- NS 5233: Research Methods
- NS 5970: Seminar
- NS 6613: Sports Nutrition
- HES 2823: Introduction to Nutrition
- The role of functional foods in preventing and/or alleviating inflammation-associated chronic disease, with a special interest in diseases exacerbated by estrogen deficiency, including osteoporosis
- Dietary alterations of gut-associated immunity
- Sports nutrition and performance
Dr. Graef's Video
- Graef, JL, P Ouyang, Y Wang, E Rendina-Ruedy, MR Lerner, D Marlow, EA Lucas, BJ Smith. Dried Plum Polyphenolic Extract Combined with Vitamin K and Potassium Restores Trabecular and Cortical Bone in Osteopenic Model of Postmenopausal Bone Loss. J Funct Foods, 42 (2018) 262-270.
- Graef, JL, E Rendina-Ruedy, EK Crockett, P Ouyang, JB King, RH Cichewicz, EA Lucas, BJ Smith. Select polyphenolic fractions from dried plum enhance osteoblast activity through BMP-2 signaling. J Nutr Biochem (2017).
- Graef, JL, E Rendina-Ruedy, EK Crockett, P Ouyang, L Wu, JB King, RH Cichewicz, D Lin, EA Lucas, BJ Smith. Osteoclast Differentiation is Downregulated by Select Polyphenolic Fractions from Dried Plum via Suppression of MAPKs and Nfatc1 in Mouse C57BL/6 Primary Bone Marrow Cells. Current Dev in Nutr, 2017, 1(10).
- Rendina-Ruedy E, JL Graef, MR Davis, KD Hembree, JM Gimble, SL Clarke, EA Lucas, BJ Smith. Strain differences in the attenuation of bone accrual in a young growing mouse model of insulin resistance. J Bone Miner Metab, 2015, 1-15.
- Shen CL, PJ Syapin , JL Graef, BJ Smith, G Brackee , AK Fowler, I Segura-Ulate, JS Wang, SE Bergeson. Alcohol-induced Bone Loss and Quality during Adolescence is Improved by Green Tea Polyphenols. J Clinical Toxicol, 2014, 4:1.
- Smith BJ, JL Graef, TJ Wronski, E Rendina, AA Williams, KA Clark, SL Clarke, EA Lucas, BP Halloran. Effects of Dried Plum Supplementation on Bone Metabolism in Adult C57BL/6 Male Mice. Calcified Tissue Int, 2014. 94:442-453.