- PhD, Preventative Medicine and Community Health, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX, 2010
- MHS, Master of Health Science in Occupational Therapy, University of Indianapolis, Indianapolis IN, 2000
- BS, Occupational Therapy, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, OK, 1990
Societies and Organizations:
Member, Alpha Eta Honor Society
- American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA)
- Oklahoma Occupational Therapy Association (OKOTA)
- International Society to Advance Alzheimer’s Research and Treatment (ISTAART)
- OCTH/PHTH 8002: Concepts in Rehabilitation Sciences
- OCTH 7162/PHTH 8152: Evidence-Based Practice
- OCTH/PHTH 9391: Interprofessional Case Management
- PHTH 9132: Community Assessment and Planning
- RS 6173/8133: Rehabilitation Science I
Assessment and Treatment of
- Alzheimer’s Disease and Related Dementias
- COVID-19 Sequelae
- Neurological disorders: Stroke, TBI, MS
- Chronic Conditions: Diabetes, Cancer
- Cognitive disorders
- Interprofessional education
- Evidence-based practice and local dissemination of research
- Rodakowski, J., Mroz, T. M., Ciro, C., Lysack, C. L., Womack, J. L., Chippendale, T., Cutchin, M., Fritz, H., Fields, B., Schepens Niemiec, S. L., Orellano-Colón, E. M., Rotenberg, S., Toto, P. E., Lee, D., Jewell, V. D., McDonald, M. V., Arthanat, S., Somerville, E., Park, M., & Piersol, C. V. (2021). Stimulating Research to Enhance Aging in Place. OTJR: Occupation, Participation and Health. https://doi.org/10.1177/15394492211022271
- Steinheider, B., Shortridge, A., Hoffmeister, V., Randall, K., & Ciro, C. (2020). Revisiting the attitudes toward health care teams scale: Developing a short version for graduate health care education. Journal of Interprofessional Care, 1-8.
- Manson, A., Ciro, C., Williams, K. N., & Maliski, S. L. (2019). Identity and perceptions of quality of life in Alzheimer's disease. Applied Nursing Research, 151225.
- Shortridge, A., Steinheider, B., Bender, D. G., Hoffmeister, V. E., Ciro, C. A., Ross, H. M., ... & Loving, G. (2019). Teaching and evaluating interprofessional teamwork using sequenced instruction and TeamSTEPPS™ Team Performance Observation Tool (TPOT). Journal of Interprofessional Education & Practice, 16, 100233.
- Babulal, G. M., Quiroz, Y. T., Albensi, B. C., Arenaza-Urquijo, E., Astell, A. J., Babiloni, C., Bahar-Fuchs, A., Bell, J., Bowman, G.L., Brickman, AM, Chetelat. Ciro, C. ... & Chételat, G. (2018). Perspectives on ethnic and racial disparities in Alzheimer's disease and related dementias: Update and areas of immediate need. Alzheimer's & Dementia. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jalz.2018.09.009
- Gaeta, L., Azzarello, J., Baldwin, J. Ciro, C., Hudson, M., Johnson, C. and John, A. (2018). Effect of Reduced Audibility on Mini-Mental State Examination Scores. Journal of American Academy of Audiology. 00:1-11. DOI: 10.3766/jaaa.17139.
- Peloquin, S., Ciro, CA, Fingerhut, P., and Patterson, P. (2017). Population-centered groups for women in recovery: Perceptions of satisfaction, engagement, and lessons learned. Occupational Therapy in Mental Health. 33(4): 1-13. https://doi.org/10.1080/0164212X.2017.1398120
- Kletzel, S.L., Cary, M., Ciro, C., Dawson, D., Thai, M., Pham, P., Berbrayer, D., and Heyn, P. (2016). Brain gaming: A user's product guide for the clinician. Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation: 97(18): 1399-400.
- Ciro, C.A., Stoner, J.A., Prodan, C., Hershey, L. (2016). Skill-building through Task-Oriented Motor Practice (STOMP) intervention for activities of daily living in dementia: Study protocol for a randomized controlled clinical trial. Clinical Trials and Degenerative Disease: 1(2):45-50.
- Ciro, C.A. and Smith, P.A. (2015). Improving personal characterization of meaningful activity in adults with chronic conditions living in a low-income housing community. Special Issue: Occupational Therapies and Human Well Being. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health: 12, 11379-11395; doi:10.3390/ijerph120911379
- Ciro, C.A., Anderson, M.P., Hershey, L., Prodan, C. and Holm. M. (2015). A comparison of instrumental activities of daily living and role satisfaction in people with and without mild cognitive impairment: A pilot project. American Journal of Occupational Therapy: 69, 6903270020p1-6903270020p10. doi:10.5014/ajot.2014.015198.
- Ciro, C.A., Poole, J.L., Skipper, B. and Hershey, L.A.. (2014). Comparing differences in ADL outcomes for the STOMP intervention for dementia in the natural home environment versus a clinic environment. Austin Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s Disease: 1(1): 1-7.
- Ciro, C.A., Dung Dao H., Anderson M., Robinson, C.A., Hamilton, T.B. and Hershey, L. (2014) Improving daily life skills in people with dementia: Testing the STOMP intervention model. Journal of Alzheimer’s Disease and Parkinsonism: 4: 165.
- Ciro, C.A., Hershey, L.A., and Garrison, D.G. (2013). Enhanced task-oriented training in a person with dementia with Lewy-Bodies. American Journal of Occupational Therapy: 67:556-63. (IF: 2.1)
- Ciro, C.A. (2011). Enhancing our collective research acumen by employing an epidemiological perspective. American Journal of Occupational Therapy: 65:594-598.
- Ciro, C.A., Ottenbacher, K.J., Graham, J.E., Fisher, S., Berges, I.M., and Ostir G.V. (2011) Patterns and correlates of depression in hospitalized older adults. Archives of Gerontology & Geriatrics. 54 (2012) 202–205.