(405) 271-2131 Ext. 47121
Ph.D. Pediatric Physical Therapy (minor Family Therapy), Hahnemann University, PA, 1993.
M.S. Physical Therapy (minor Curriculum Development and Instruction), University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, NC, 1981.
Independent Studies, University of Kansas, KS, 1979.
Nat Dip, School of Physiotherapy, Natal, South Africa, 1975
PHTH 7712 Seminar in Clinical Reasoning I
RS 5970 Seminar in Rehabilitation Sciences
RS 6113 Program Evaluation and Development
RS 6433 Measurement and Assessment
Societies and Organizations:
Member, Alpha Eta Honor Society
Early mobility in infants with and without disabilities: robotics and machine – human interface
Early identification of infants at risk for developmental disabilities
Test development and cross-cultural validation of childrearing measures
Interaction between biological and environmental influences on outcomes of infants and toddlers with disabilities
Human Development Research Laboratory
- American Academy of Pediatric Physical Therapy. Toward a multi-site progressively-phased !intervention for infants and toddlers at risk for cerebral palsy. $25,000. (Role: Multiple-PIs), Smith- Lead PI. 2016 – 2018.
- Validating the School Outcomes Measures (SOM): An Outcomes Measure for Students who receive School-bases Occupational Therapy and Physical Therapy. (Role: Multiple-PI ), Sandy Arnold – Lead PI, Institute of Education Science $1,599,806.00. 2015 – 2019.
- Personnel Development to Improve Services and Results for Children with Disabilities. (Project Director). U.S. Department of Education. $1,249, 971. 2012 - 2017.
- New Investigator Fellowship Training Initiative Award. Foundation for Physical Therapy, PI: M. Horn, (Co-Mentor), $78,000. 2014-2016.
- Prone Locomotion for Infants with Down Syndrome using the SIPPC: A Pilot Study. (Co-Principal Investigator), APTA, Section on Pediatrics. $10,000. 2013-2013.
- Robot Assistants for Promoting Crawling and Walking in Children at Risk of Cerebral Palsy. (Multiple PIs). National Science Foundation. $1,249,997. 2012 – 2015.
- Personnel Development to Improve Services and Results for Children with Disabilities. (Project Co-Director). U.S. Department of Education. $1,249, 971. 2012 - 2016.
- Dosing and Motor Planning in Children with an Injured Brain or Cerebral Palsy. (Principal Investigator), NIH-NICHD (R13) $11,753. 2011 – 2012.
- Dosing of Intervention for Children with an Injured Brain. (Co-Principal Investigator). Section on Pediatrics $30,000. 2010-2011.
- Locomotion in Infants with or at Risk for Disabilities. (Principal Investigator). National Institute of Child Health and Development $429,834. 2010-2013.
Neurorehabilitation - pediatrics
- * Xiao, R., Xiao Q., Patino, A., Fagg, A.H., Kolobe, H.A., David P. Miller, D.P., Ding, L. Characterization of infant mu rhythm immediately before crawling: A high-resolution EEG study. NeuroImage,146, 2016.
- *Ghazi, M., Nash, M., Fagg, A. H., Ding, L., Kolobe, T. H.A. and Miller, D. Novel Assistive Device for Teaching Crawling Skills to Infants. Springer Tracts in Advanced Robotics 113, DOI 10.1007/978-3-319-27702-8_39, 2016.
- Miller, D. P., Fagg, A. H., Ding, L., Kolobe, T. H., and Ghazi, M. A. Robotic crawling assistance for infants with cerebral palsy. In Proceedings of the AAAI’15 Workshop on assistive technologies emerging from artificial intelligence applied to smart environments. AAAI Press. 2015.
- Kolobe, THA, Gannotti, M, Christy, J, Heathcock, J, Damiano, DL, Taub, E, Majsak, MJ, et al. Research Summit III proceedings on dosing in children with an injured brain or cerebral palsy. Physical Therapy, 94:907-920, 2014.
- Nesbit, K., Kolobe, T.H., Sisson, S., Ghement, I.R. A model of environmental correlates of adolescent obesity in the United States. Journal of Adolescent Health. 55(3), 394-401, 2014.
- DeGrace, B.W., Hoffman, C., Hutson, T.L., Kolobe, T.H.A. Families' experiences and occupations following the diagnosis of autism. Journal of Occupational Science, 21:3, 309-321, 2014. DOI: 10.1080/14427591.2014.923366
- Aaron, C, Chiarello, LS, Palisano, RJ, Gracely, E, O’Neil, M, Kolobe, THA. Relationships Among Family Participation, Team Support and Intensity of Early Intervention Services. Physical and Occupational Therapy in Pediatrics. Early Online:1–13, 2014.
- Nesbit, K.C., Kolobe, T.H.A., Arnold, S.H., Sisson, S.B., Anderson, M.P. Proximal and Distal Environmental Correlates of Adolescent Obesity. Journal of Physical Activity and Health. 11:1179-1186. 2014.
- Kolobe, T.H.A, Fagg, A. The effect of sensor robotic technology on the development of prone mobility in infants with or at risk for cerebral palsy. Developmental Medicine and Child Neurolog. 56 (s5), 60, 2014.
- Arevalo, A., Kolobe, T., Arnold, S., DeGrace, E. Early Childrearing Practices and their Relationship to Academic Performance in Mexican-American Children. Pediatric Physical Therapy, 26(2), 214 – 222, 2014