Ph.D., Occupational Therapy, Nova Southeastern University, Fort Lauderdale, FL, 2001
M.S., Occupational Therapy, State University of New York at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY, 1993
B.S., Occupational Therapy, Elizabethtown College, Elizabethtown, PA, 1989
OCTH 7192 Exploring Community Participation
OCTH 8154 Issues and Interventions for Children with Neurological Disabilities
OT Core Faculty, Maternal and Child Health Bureau, Oklahoma LEND Program: Interdisciplinary Leadership Education in Neurodevelopmental and Related Disabilities
RS 6253 Family and Diversity
RS 6263 Community Analysis
- Exploring the co-construction of family occupation in families raising a child with/without a disability
- Exploring help seeking behaviors of African American families raising a child with autism
- Investigating the development of autonomous practice
- 2017 : The Development of Resident Autonomy on Pediatric Inpatient Wards, OUHSC Department of Medicine, (Investigator, .05% FTE, $5,000).
- 2016: African-American Caregiver Beliefs, Knowledge, and Expectations Affecting Help-Seeking for their Children with Autism, Augusta University Intramural Pilot Research Program (Qualitative Research Consultant).
- 2012: Web-based Preparation of Occupational Therapists and Physical Therapists to Provide Early Intervention and Related Services (Project Faculty, .06% FTE, total; total = $1,249,965).
- 2012: Child Care Influence on Health Outcomes in Native American Preschoolers , OU Cancer Center and Gretchen Swanson Center for Nutrition, (Co-Investigator, 10%FTE, $50,000)
- 2011: Family Health for Families with Children who have Autism Oklahoma Family Center for Autism (Principal Investigator, total amount $11,500).
- 2010: Partnering to Understand: An Investigation of Health Disparity in the Communities Surrounding OUHSC, INBRE Research Seed Grant through the Program in Community Health Research University of Oklahoma Tulsa (Principal Investigator, total amount $14,800).
- 2008: Web-based Preparation of Occupational and Physical Therapists to Provide Early Intervention and Related Services, U.S. Department of Education, Office of Special Education Programs (Project Co-Director, 15% FTE, total amount $799,900)
- 2007: Preparation of Occupational Therapists and Physical Therapists to Provide Early Intervention and Related Services, U.S. Department of Education, Office of Special Education Programs (Project Occupational Therapy Director, 15% FTE, total amount= $782,200).
- 2005: Families of Children with Severe Autism: Ways of Living and Coping, University of Oklahoma College of Allied Health (Principal Investigator, $6,900).
- 2002: Service Provision for Children with Autism Spectrum Disorders in Early Intervention, University of Oklahoma College of Allied Health (Principal Investigator, $4,300).
- 2002: Preparation of Occupational Therapists and Physical Therapists to Provide Early Intervention and Related Services for Children with Low Incidence Disabilities, a 5-year personnel preparation grant, U.S. Department of Education, Office of Special Education Programs (Occupational Therapy Faculty, 10% FTE, total amount = $1,482,780).
- MacRone-Wojton, M., Arnold, S.H., Kolobe, T.H.A., DeGrace, B., Smith, E.V. (In review) Rasch Analysis of the School Outcomes Measure when Used with Secondary Students
- Peters, M., DeGrace, BW, Fisher, M., & Arnold, S (In review) How program graduates are shaped by the Oklahoma LEND learning experience. Maternal and Child Health Journal.
- Currier, B., Jones, M., & DeGrace, BW. (Accepted) Family experiences in families of young children who used powered wheelchair mobility and the relationships among these experiences, Journal of Early Intervention
- Smith, S., DeGrace, B., Ciro, C., Bax, A., James, J., and Evans, A. (2017). Exploring families’ experiences of health: Contributions to a model of family health. Psychology, Health and Medicine, 4(20):1-9. doi: 10.1080/13548506.2017.1319069
- Sisson, SB; Kiger, AC, Anundson, KC., Rasbold, AH., Krampe, M., Campbell, J., DeGrace, B., & Hoffman, L. (2017). Difference in preschool-age children’s dietary intake between meals consumed at childcare and at home. Preventive Medicine Reports, 33-37.
- Swyden, K., Sisson, S.B., Sheffield-Morris, A., Lora, K.R., Weedn. A., Copeland, K.A., DeGrace, B. (2017) Association Between Maternal Stress, Work Status, and Feeding Practices Among Preschool Children. Journal of Maternal and Child Health, 21(6): 1349-1357 (2014 Impact Factor, 2.08).
- Sisson, SB., Li, J., Stoner, JA., Stephens, L, Lora, KR., Campbell, JE., Arnold, SH., Horn, D., & DeGrace, B.,. (2016) Obesogenic environment in tribally-affiliated childcare centers and corresponding obesity rates in preschool children, Preventive Medicine Reports, 3, 151-158.
- DeGrace, BW, Foust, R., Lora, K. & Sisson, S.W. Family Meal Benefits: A secondary analysis (2016) American Journal of Occupational Therapy, 70(3), http://dx.doi.org/10.5014/ajot.2016.014969.
- Sisson, SB, Li, J., Arnold, SH, Lora, K., Stoner, JA, & DeGrace, B (2015) Obesogenic Child Care Center Environment and Obesity in Preschool Children Journal of the American Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (Impact Factor: 3.47). 09/2015; 115(9):A76. DOI: 10.1016/j.jand.2015.06.271
- Bax, A.C, Shalwer, P. M., Blackmon, D. L., DeGrace, B.W., Wolraich, M. L. (2015). Phenomenologic Investigation of Pediatric Residents' Experiences Being Parented and Giving Parenting Advice. Psychology, Health & Medicine, 1–10. doi:10.1080/13548506.2015.1120324
- Swyden, K., Sisson, S. Lora, K., Weedn, A., Morris, A. S., DeGrace, B.W. &Copeland, K. A. (2015). Relationship between parental perception and concern for child weight and influence on obesogenic parenting practices. Advances in Pediatric Research, 2(12), 2-12.
- Yaroslawitz, S., Sloop, J., Arnold, S., Hamilton, T., & DeGrace , BW (2015) Chareidi Second and Third Generation Survivors of the Holocaust: Experiences of Family Health. Work, 50 (3) 501-10. doi: 10.3233/WOR-141961.
- Lora, K., Sisson, S., DeGrace, BW & Morris, A. (2014). Associations of Frequency of Family Meals with 6-11 year old Children's Social Behaviors. Journal of Family Pscyhology , 4, 577-82. (Impact Factor 1.58). PMID: 25000133
- DeGrace, BW, Hoffman, C., Hutson, T. L. & Kolobe, T. K. (2014). Family Experiences and Health Following the Diagnosis of Autism, Journal of Occupational Science, 21(3), 309-321. (7 citations)
- Arevalo, A., Kolobe, THA., Arnold, S., & DeGrace, E. (2014). Early Childrearing Practices and their Relationship to Academic Performance in Mexican-American Children. Pediatric Physical Therapy, 26, 214-22.
- Bailey, K.C., DeGrace, BW, & Arnold, S. H. (Spring, 2014). Partnering to Understand: An Investigation of Health Disparity in the Communities Surrounding a University Health Sciences Center. Journal of Allied Health, 43, 3-11.
- Mouradian, L, DeGrace, B.W & Thompson, D. (2013). Art-based occupation group reduces parent anxiety in the neonatal intensive care unit: A mixed-methods study. American Journal of Occupational Therapy, (67), 692-700.
- DeGrace, BW & Arnold, SA (2016). Collaborative models of intervention. In D. Honaker & A. Wagenfeld (Eds.). Foundations of Pediatric Practice for the Occupational Therapy Assistant, 2nd Edition, Slack Publishing.
- DeGrace, BW & Castles, T (2008). Parent Involvement, Book Chapter for IM McEwen (Ed.) Providing Physical Therapy Services under Part B and Part C of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act, 2nd Ed. Alexandria, VA; Section on Pediatrics, American Physical Therapy Association.
- DeGrace, B. W. & Castles, T (2008). Parent Involvement, Book Chapter for IM McEwen (Ed.) Providing Physical Therapy Services under Part B and Part C of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act, 2nd Ed. Alexandria, VA; Section on Pediatrics, American Physical Therapy Association.
- DeGrace, B. (2007). The Occupational adaptation model: Application to child and family interventions. In S. Dunbar (Ed.), Occupational Therapy Models for Intervention with Children and Families, Slack Publishing.
- Kornblau, B. L., Lou, J., Weeder, T., & Werner, B. (2000). Occupational therapy and theories of career choice and vocational development. In B. L. Kornblau & K. Jacobs (Eds.), Principle and Practices of Work. Rockville, MD: American Occupational Therapy Association.