- APTA Education Leadership Fellowship, Alexandria, VA, 2012
- J.D., Law, University of Maryland Baltimore, Baltimore, MD, 2001
- M.Ed., Education, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI, 1991
- B.S., Physical Therapy, St. Louis University, St. Louis, MO, 1981
Societies and Organizations:
Member, Alpha Eta Honor Society
- APTA and OPTA
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- OUHSC Interprofessional Educator and Practitioner Association (IEPA)
- National Interprofessional Education Consortium (NIPEC)
- OCTH 7133/PHTH 8153: Clinical Process
- OCTH/PHTH 8332: Teaching in Practice
- OCTH / PHTH 9391: Interprofessional Case Management
- OCTH/PHTH 8352: Clinical Practice Management I
- OCTH/PHTH 8372: Clinical Practice Management II
- PHTH 9152: Clinical Reasoning II (small group facilitator)
- PHTH 9253: Clinical Case Defense (small group facilitator)
- PHTH 8393: Movement Science I (lab assistant)
- Interprofessional education and practice
- Thompson, B.M., Bratzler, D.W., Fisher, M.J., Tores, A., EPIC Faculty*, & Sparks, R.A. Working together: Using a unique approach to evaluate an interactive and clinic-based longitudinal interprofessional education experience with 13 professions. Journal of Interprofessional Care, 2016;30(6):754-761. *core member of EPIC faculty
- Randall, K., Hoppes, S., & Bender, D.G. (2008). Developing an honor statement for university students in graduate professional programs. Journal of Allied Health. 37, 121-124.
- Randall, K., Bender, D.G., & Montgomery, D. (2007). Determining the opinions of health science students and faculty regarding academic integrity. International Journal for Educational Integrity, 3(2), 27-40.
- Bender, D.G. (2007). Experiencing the effect of teaching and learning styles on skill mastery. J Nurse Educ, 46(3) 147-148.
- Dye, D.D. & Bender, D.G. (2006). Duty and liability surrounding clinical internships: What every ACCE should know. J Allied Health. 35(3), 169-173.
- Bender, D.G. & Randall, K.E. (2005). Description and evaluation of an interactive Jeopardy game designed to foster self-assessment. Internet Journal of Allied Health Sciences and Practice.3(4).
- Bender, D.G. (2005). Escaping the box: Preparing allied health practitioners for management positions. Health Care Manager, 24(5), 1-5.
- Bender, D.G. & Randall, K.E. (2005). Service-learning risk management considerations: The Community Visitor project. Education for Health Journal, 18(1), 85-88.
- Bender, D.G., & Buckner, S.K. (2005). Interdisciplinary Patient Care Skills Module. J Nurse Educ, 44(6)