(405) 271-2131 Ext. 47129
APTA Education Leadership Fellowship, Alexandria, VA, 2012
J.D., Law, University of Maryland Baltimore, Baltimore, MD, 2001
M.Ed., Education, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI, 1991
B.S., Physical Therapy, St. Louis University, St. Louis, MO, 1981
OCTH 7133/PHTH 8153 Clinical Process
OCTH/PHTH 8332 Teaching in Practice
OCTH / PHTH 9391 Interprofessional Case Management
OCTH/PHTH 8352 Clinical Practice Management I
OCTH/PHTH 8372 Clinical Practice Management II
PHTH 9152 Clinical Reasoning II
PHTH 9253 Clinical Case Defense
Societies and Organizations:
Member, Alpha Eta Honor Society
APTA and OPTA
Oklahoma Bar Association
End-of-life issues in geriatrics
Integrating service learning into entry-level curriculum
Interdisciplinary educational experiences
- Thompson, B.M., Bratzler, D.W., Fisher, M.J., Tores, A., EPIC Faculty*, & Sparks, R.A. Working together: Using a unique approach to evaluate an interactive and clinic-based longitudinal interprofessional education experience with 13 professions. Journal of Interprofessional Care, 2016;30(6):754-761. *core member of EPIC faculty
- Randall, K., Hoppes, S., & Bender, D.G. (2008). Developing an honor statement for university students in graduate professional programs. Journal of Allied Health. 37, 121-124.
- Randall, K., Bender, D.G., & Montgomery, D. (2007). Determining the opinions of health science students and faculty regarding academic integrity. International Journal for Educational Integrity, 3(2), 27-40.
- Bender, D.G. (2007). Experiencing the effect of teaching and learning styles on skill mastery. J Nurse Educ, 46(3) 147-148.
- Dye, D.D. & Bender, D.G. (2006). Duty and liability surrounding clinical internships: What every ACCE should know. J Allied Health. 35(3), 169-173.
- Bender, D.G. & Randall, K.E. (2005). Description and evaluation of an interactive Jeopardy game designed to foster self-assessment. Internet Journal of Allied Health Sciences and Practice.3(4).
- Bender, D.G. (2005). Escaping the box: Preparing allied health practitioners for management positions. Health Care Manager, 24(5), 1-5.
- Bender, D.G. & Randall, K.E. (2005). Service-learning risk management considerations: The Community Visitor project. Education for Health Journal, 18(1), 85-88.
- Bender, D.G., & Buckner, S.K. (2005). Interdisciplinary Patient Care Skills Module. J Nurse Educ, 44(6)